Wednesday, May 24, 2006

&there4 I am an idiot

IMG_3026_1
I think that due to sleep deprivation I left my mind in entirely the wrong place today and so it figures that during my lunch break I would decide to check my blog, see if anyone had commented on anything and maybe post something completely random. What else is there to do when I have an hour off, it's pouring in rain outside and I brought a lunch from home?

To my immediate surprise I found out that mine own blog was a blocked site, as far as the government was concerned, and I got one of those huge bilingual warning pages instead. Now, in retrospect this isn't all that surprising, considering:

I work in a government office.
I needed a secret security clearance from Ottawa to work there, secret being somewhat higher than confidential.
I see all sorts of private information concerning individual citizens daily of the kind that I know I wouldn't want shared about me.
Access to all outside email and chat programs are blocked.

Now, you'd think that I'd have put two and two together and figured out that they'd block anything to do with blogging earlier. Hence, I am an idiot.

Hence this blog will not be updated during my government mandated breaks at work like the world famous Busblog, but that's alright.

Just like last year, you will not hear much about work at all on this blog, even if it means I have to tell you every day for four months about the guy who falls asleep in the seat across from me on the train. He always wears dark pink shirts, which happen to be the exact same colour as his face and it looks terrible and drives me nuts.