Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Riki would have something to say about all this



The garden below Makiko's desk was designed by an architect. It was supposed to look like an aerial map of Canada but the laymen screwed up, ignored the plans and just put all the ornamental grasses wherever. Now it's just a wild mess. Not that it matters much. It's on the roof of a building downtown and no one ever visits it.

In true bureaucratic fashion I wasted a lot of time today.

I went to photocopy some things I needed in booklets but put the stack of originals in the photocopier wrong so all the booklets came out completely blank, colated and stapled. But just so happens that I had other things to photocopy as well, so while I was doing that, I painstakingly pulled out all the staples out of all the booklets with my fingernails and fed them back into the paper tray.

But then again, I always work through my lunchbreak and I put together four mailing lists in half as much time as they thought it would take me. It wasn't that much work, really.

It all works itself out.

I think I may have demagnatized my debt card with my office key card after accidentally putting them in the same pocket together. I'm tempted to try it out but I really don't want to run the risk of having it not work while I'm in a store. It's happened before and it's a tad bit embarassing.

There is a woman who keeps offering me a coaching job that I'm kind of tempted to take because it would mean being outdoors with people and I would have to ride my bike to work, which would force me to get back in shape.

On the other hand, there is no possible way that I could get there in the morning from my apartment, and someone has to live there over the summer. I don't really want to give it up either, because when no one else is there, it's a great place to study. Calm and quiet and clean. And somehow I sleep better there too.