Friday, October 21, 2005

4:45


I like to put While We Were Hunting Rabbits by Matt Good on repeat sometimes. What is so special about that song? I don't know, to be honest. I like the bass line of it. It's 8 minutes long.

It's one of those songs that I like to put on repeat and every time it ends, I stop for a moment and think that another 8 minutes of my life has passed. Does any of that matter? I suppose not. The fact doesn't bring me any satisfaction, but it doesn't make me feel bad either.

It is currently 4:45 on a Friday afternoon and I'm fighting to stay awake.

It is currently 4:45 on a Friday afternoon and I should be doing something infinitely more exciting than sitting around trying to stay awake. Evidently I have no life. I don't suppose I'm alone in this. Everyone I know is half asleep with work and midterms and papers to do. There was a pub night tonight for applied science majors but now, because of the strike it is cancelled.

A lot of things were cancelled today. I went to school, sat in an empty lecture hall for an hour and then left. I just wish that they had been a little more clear about what exactly was happening today. If I had known that no one was going to be here to teach classes, I wouldn't have gone. But when I asked yesterday, they said they were going to be there.

I have a million and a half people to phone. Not tonight. It's 4:45 on a Friday afternoon and I'm going to bed. Good night.