Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My cheeks hurt


I smiled when I woke up and checked my email, when I spread the peanut butter just perfect across my bagel. People tell me I'm funny about the way I eat, and I don't think it should really matter. But today, that was far from my mind as I ate my kiwi. It was very good. Good kiwis always make me smile.

I beamed from ear to ear as I walked four blocks to catch my bus. The fact that the bus was both late to pick me up and late to drop me off did nothing to wipe the smile from my face. I missed my connection and that didn't seem to bother me either.

I was still smiling when I walked into my exam 10 minutes late. I smiled all the way through it, even though the prof had decided to put a lot of really obscure shit on it that I don't even remember ever seeing, and that he had told us not to study. Once outside, I continued to smile as I heard that practically everyone had the same problem, and as I began to realize that many people had actually had more trouble on the exam than I had.

It's late and you get the picture. There was nothing all day that could possibly make me upset. Why? No reason, really, or maybe I just don't want to say. I don't know.