Friday, October 07, 2005

Headache


Was it the seemingly thousands of graduands in bright, flowy robes and their happy, smiling parents that appeared out of nowhere to stand directly between me and wherever I wanted to go?

Was it the fact that the work at school just keeps piling up? Or is it that I had a midterm today, or that I didn't get enough sleep last night?

Was it the hangnail that I couldn't stop picking at during tutorial? Was it that as I made a bloody massacre of my finger underneath the table, Rob stared straight at me and asked me about my take on the readings, the ones that I should have read but didn't, because I'm the only one that ever talks? Was it that he is hot, like Terje Vinterstrø of Kaizers Orchestra and Skambankt and he's got a nice smile, and yet he says 'um' so much that sometimes I just want to kill him?

Was it that that damn hangnail wouldn't stop bleeding for nearly an hour? Was it that it caused me to think that I might possibly not be getting enough vitamin K in my diet? K for koagulasjon, naturally. Was it something about how the Danish always manage to find the weirdest ways to spell things?

Was it that I haven't been able to find my watch for a week and I seem to be lost without it?

Whatever it was, I was really bitchy all morning and eventually ended up being really mean to some people on msn. I immediately felt bad about it, once I had signed out and seen myself safely onto the bus, so this, then, is my open apology. If I was mean and angry at you today, it was probably not your fault and I'm sorry.

Leaving the laptop lab, something on the ground caught my eye. It was a $20, one of the old style ones with the loon on the back. I walked past it a few steps, then suddenly realized that there was a $20 on the ground, and it soon found its way into my pocket. But even that irritated me, because it was crumpled.

A man just won an Ig Nobel prize for inventing prosthetic dog testicles and I'm only mildly amused.