Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mall adventures


It turns out that going to the mall is less boring than I would normally have you believe.

We turned our backs for mere moments and Kathy's purse was gone. You'd think that one of us would have been smart enough to have watched it. You'd think that one of us would have seen something. Evidently we are all idiots.

I lent her her my phone and in the time it took for her to cancel her credit cards, the theif had already made two purchases. Kathy likes to walk, and while she was on the phone, she managed to cover the entire mall too many times for me to count. We spent the next couple of hours following her around, both because we didn't want to leave her and she had my phone.

All in all, I think Lauren was more upset than the rest of us. Eventually she went home. I spent another hour and a half walking around the mall with Kathy, because she didn't have her housekey and couldn't go home. I made sure that purse or no, she got the boots that she had been eyeing all morning.

She's going to spend most of tomorrow trying to replace all her ID, and I'm going to hand in her assignments. Other than that, life is normal and boring.