Monday, October 24, 2005

Lost and found


It seems that autumn is here again. Can you believe that I took this picture a week ago?

I must confess I have a terrible habit of writing off people that I've known for a long time. I shouldn't but I do. It just seems that if I've known people for a while and I'm not good friends with them, I give up hope of ever really getting to know them. Julie was one of those people. We knew each other, but we never really talked. Now we talk all the time.

Maybe it's because we both live in crappy basement suites right now, or because we went to the same school. Maybe it's because we have the same major. Maybe it's just the simple expedient of being both stuck in the same brutally awful class together. Maybe it's just the fact that we've both severed our ties to the cliquey bullshit that went on in high school.

When I first came to university I fully expected to meet a lot of new people that I hadn't known before. I had no intention of meeting and befriending people that I already knew. Funny how that happens.

Tomorrow I'm going to take my camera downtown again. The urban decay fascinates me and renders practically everything photogenic. Not that I'm supposed to say that. I'm supposed to make you believe that I am actually good at photography. Sadly, I can't help thinking that this city is naturally beautiful and I'm just an idiot with a camera that happens to be here. We shall see what I come up with.