Sunday, July 16, 2006

Idle scheming

IMG_3392_1
IMG_3391_1
IMG_3390_1


I went on a paddlewheeler down the Fraser River today. The neighbourhood's not like it used to be, though it was probably a lot more run down when I lived there than I actually remember. Hard to say.

I haven't felt all that creative lately, and I'm not completely sure if it is work or school or being all responsible-like. I think I'm going to have to shake some things up. No more sketchbooks, notebooks and fancy pencils. No more expensive paints. I'm going to go out and buy a pad of manila paper and get myself some HB pencils, the yellow ones with the pink eraser at the end that doesn't actually erase anything. That and some Bic pens.

That's what I'll do.

I have six library cards: Vancouver, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Fraser Valley, UBC and SFU. Last year I spent over $150 on fines because I can't keep them straight. Starting today I'm going to go a year without library fines. Wish me luck.