Sunday, July 02, 2006

Steph's party

IMG_3285_1


Once again, Canada's birthday and once again a party, of sorts at Steph's. I didn't spend much time there, actually. I ended up in the contingent that went out to the playground to play grounders, which is probably more fun than it was when we were in kindergarten, especially because some of my friends are able to jump over peoples' heads while their eyes are closed.

When we decided that we had enough mosquito bites, we ventured back to Steph's house, only to find people there drunk, stoned, listening to weird music and having a whipped cream fight around a fire in the back yard. Now, this would not necessarily be a bad thing, but seeing as how it would take a lot of work to get ourselves into the same state, we didn't bother.

We hopped into Kathy's car and headed up to Horizons for reasons which I can't remember, but were probably good at the time. At Horizons we found a) couples making out in cars and b) twice as many mosquitoes, both of which were to be expected, so we wandered around for a while but didn't stay long.

Back in the car, Devon introduced us to a new game. "It's called sex," he said.

"Devon, I don't think you really have to have to explain that one to us," I said, noticing that he was the only male in the car. But it was pretty benign. Whenever the driver runs a yellow light, someone has to yell "sex" and then everyone touches the roof of the car. The last person to get their hand up loses an article of clothing. All I will say is that I'm just as bad at that game as I am at poker.

We decided to go back to my apartment, but when we arrived there were a couple hundred young people milling about, police and ambulances. A fight and a stabbing, from what I've heard. We kept driving around until they were gone, and then I went to bed. Pretty much.