Friday, July 07, 2006

Second to last on my mind

IMG_3238_1


I have many, many things to say today but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. Today I sleep.

Did I mention that I lost my drivers licence on Wednesday? Not lost as in location but lost as in I can't use it and can't drive. I laughed all afternoon because of it.

That is absoluely the last thing on my mind. Second to last on my mind are the following:

1) The person I work under is beginning to really scare me. One moment she is manically happy and the next she's talking about throwing herself off a bridge. She has nosebleeds all over herself and crashes her car because she is so stressed. I don't think it would take much to push her over the edge, to be honest.

2) She talks to herself a lot, but then again, so do I...

3) While I only pretend to hate the typical Vancouver style steel and glass architecture as much as my mother, I have to admit that the buildings I can see from my office window are some of the ugliest I've
seen. So much for a room with a view.

4) I have completely changed my habits around the office to avoid our new receptionist at all costs. She is anal as hell and she doesn't recycle a single thing. I can't stand people who don't at least attempt to recycle. It's not like it's difficult.

5) There's a spider making a web on the outside of my office window, in spite of the wind. I wonder if it knows how far up it is.

6) Working for the federal government is kind of like the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave. They're already talking about extending me to December. I don't know what they're talking about. I'm going back to school.