Sunday, July 23, 2006

Today's a good day for sailing

IMG_3524_1


Won first prize at the fair today. I get to take my ribbon home sometime next week.

Saw Measure for Measure at the Bard. It's a play that defies categorization. Not tragic enough to be a tragedy, but far too dark to be a comedy. I'd be more inclined to call it a tragedy though, because though no one dies in the end, truth and innocence falls victim to lust and corruption, and none of that is really made right by the end of the play. Shakespeare must have been feeling pretty cynical about the world when he wrote that one.

IMG_3531_1


Ate a pleasant salad nicoise at Bridges where the tuna was delicious, though a tad overdone for my liking. I like it rare, really rare. Like flopping around on your plate rare. Once I find some decent grade fish nearby I'm going to cook stuff like that here too.

vikings_1


We met vikings on the high seas, but the water was so rough that they had to be towed back in to the dock. Crazy Norwegians. No trans-Atlantic trips today.

IMG_3544_1


The water was so rough that it kept stealing the sticks away from the dogs on the beach. Poor guys.

dog


I didn't mind though. The wind made the heat almost bearable.