Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It shall be renewed

IMG_3260_1


On Friday I foolishly thought that I could renew my drivers license at the ICBC at Coquitlam Centre mall, because it was the only ICBC office that I could think of that was open in the evenings when I could go. Of course, I couldn't. Being an extremely lazy person, I still have a class 7L loser license, and that means that instead of paying a fee and getting my picture taken, I have to sit the entire exam again.

This in itself would not necessarily be a problem, but for the fact that though the ICBC at Coquitlam Centre has convenient hours of operation, there is no testing at that location. Figures.

The website told me that there was an ICBC branch downtown, at 800 Hornby. Today I foolishly thought that I could find it and renew my drivers license during my lunch break. No such luck. However, closer inspection after work found it inside the courthouse building complex, beside a huge, red sculpture of one of those spring things that you find in the centre of clothespins.

Tomorrow it shall be renewed.

In spite of work tomorrow, my plans are nebulous. Apparently I'm only working a half day, which doesn't completely make sense to me but I have a lot of miscellaneous errands to run right now, so I welcome the time off.

I can't believe that summer's half over already. It feels like it hasn't even started.