Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bursdagsbarn

bathingsuit1
Hey! It's someone's birthday!


Before I forget, it's someone very special's birthday today and I figured I should mention it. I don't talk about him much here because otherwise this blog would sound unnecessarily boring and girlie and gushy. But the truth is that he's the reason I sound reasonably sane most of the time.

I had considered doing something absolutely rotten like knitting him a 1920s-30s style bathing suit like the ones in the pictures and posting it anonymously to his address but somewhere along the line it would have been stamped by Canada Post and then he would have known it was me. Besides, knitting takes time and patience, as does mailing things to Norway and I have neither time nor patience these days.

His loss.

Mostly I just wanted to use these pictures. I've been sitting on them for a year and I love them, even if it does kind of look like those guys have been castrated. Not that I really, really pay attention to these things. Just saying.

Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm mentioning this because it's already tomorrow in his time zone and therefore not his birthday. I'm an idiot.

bathingsuit2