Sunday, August 13, 2006

Grandma's 90th

Grandma on her 90th IMG_4173_1

My grandmother turned 90 yesterday.

As much as I tend to complain about her, she has a lot of things to her credit.

Somewhere out there she's got the scientists absolutely baffled. After all, how on earth does a woman with the physique of Jabba the Hutt manage to outlive the majority of other people in the world?

Is it that she has so many pieces of miscellaneous electronica inside her that she's halfway to being the bionic woman?

Is it that my uncle sends her red wine so she can drink a glass before bed every night?

Is it that she reads books to blind people?

Is it that she paints nothing but flowers and sailing ships?

Is it the strange and delusional worldview she's come to have after being separated from reality for such a long time?

I'm not sure I'll ever know.

I wish her another good year.