Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jesus

IMG_4242_1


I missed my train this morning. To wait on the platform for the next train takes the same amount of time as getting on a bus to go downtown, and one would assume that that would be what I'd do, because sitting in comfortable, padded seats for twenty minutes, reading a book beats nearly an hour of standing and frequent stops.

I am not a creature of reason in the morning. I prefer movement to pretty much any course of action, so still on autopilot, I began to walk up to the street to the bus stop.

I ran into Mcgoo for the first time in at least two years, and even today he still has the uncanny ability to know exactly what is going on inside my head just by looking at me.

When he saw me, he stopped and stood in the middle of the sidewalk. I stopped too. We stared at each other.

After a while he said "it was you who brought the glow-in-the-dark plastic Jesus, wasn't it?"

I nodded.

We went our separate ways.

Long story.