Friday, August 04, 2006

I am a leper and you will celebrate my birthday.

IMG_3565_1


Birthdays passed:

16 - I dragged a bathtub from the back to the front of a Canadian Tire because I was frustrated with the poor service I was getting on that particular day.

17 - can't remember, honestly, which was not due to intoxication of any sort

18 - I got two scholarships in the mail, which bought me a year's worth of tuition and my computer.

19 - I worked a weird split shift, 8:00-9:00pm. I had 4 hrs off in the middle. Dick let me take out his single because he's awesome. I didn't go out that night because it was a Thursday and I had to work the next day. The only birthday card I got was from my bank, congratulating me and outlining all the new charges there would be on my account.

Oh yeah, and I can't forget that my sister made me a cake out of graham crackers, gelato and blackberries that she'd picked herself. Have to mention that.

Initial plans to go camping this weekend are scrapped when Kathy wrecked her car. Kathy later decided to spend the long weekend with Jess, Gina and Andrew in Victoria, then invited me along. The plan, I guess, was to visit every gay bar in the city and get absolutely plastered.

What's wrong with regular bars? I asked, and the reply was that at gay bars guys don't hit on you.

My initial reaction was one of surprise. I mean, guys pick up girls at bars? This phenomenon is something that I swear I have never seen before. I've certainly never been party to such an exchange. I must be a leper or something.

Don't sleep with me. My fingers will fall off.

So yeah, my friends are in VicCity this weekend and I'm not.

There's a package waiting for me at the post office and I don't know what it is. I'm intrigued, and I'll pick it up as soon as I can find the proper identification with pictures that places me at that particular adress. That could be difficult. I might have to suck it up and go get a new driver's licence.