Friday, August 25, 2006

Chicken feet are the best

IMG_0606_1I haven't been able to get my left eye to stop twitching for a couple of days now. It's one of those things that causes you undue stress because you figure that chances are no one is able to see it, but there might be someone out there that just might. And then you go into the washroom to look at it and see that it's twice as conspicuous as you thought it was before and then you figure that definitely someone can see it and no one wants to bring it up. And that thought consumes you for the entire day.

I've got a low-grade headache that I've been nursing for a few days as well. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes better, and it seems to enjoy migrating between the back of my head to that space right between my eyes. I don't get them as often as I used to, and that 's a good thing.

I have one more week of work left and I really hope that some time next week I'll finally have something to do again. I haven't for two weeks and it's bothering me.

Went for dim sum with some people from the office yesterday. It's always better going to these places with Chinese people because then they don't automatically bring you out a fork because you're white, and the people can translate the menu for you, because sometimes the English in those things really sucks.

Deb was a self professed dim sum virgin, so we threatened to buy all sorts of things like chicken feet and bull testicles, but the worst we ended up with eventually was something that was written down in English as "fish maw" and seemed to be like tripe, only fishy. Too bad though. I was really looking forward to having some chicken feet.