Friday, September 29, 2006

Back.

I spent this morning regaining my senses. In the dark you can't rely upon your sight so much as your hearing and sense of space. There is a decieving amount of light in the dark. To the untrained eye, the lights on the boats blend in with others reflecting across the water, but it's always been easy for me. I struggled somewhat with the single, though. It had no stern light, so shadow boat, shadow rower, black water, black sky.

Sitting in the coach boat, we realized that though someone had put the plugs in, they had not twisted the pins in them, which meant that the boat was slowly filling up with water. Our coach wasn't pleased. She was quite vocal about it. She replaced the plugs and then started to bail out the water.

"I forgot what an incredibly calm person you are," she said.

I didn't bother to tell her about John's handy coachboat bailing method which I've been a part of more than once. It involves moving yourself and all passengers so that they are directly above the holes, pulling out the plugs and cranking the engine as fast as it will go. It's so stupid it works. That pretty much describes most of the stuff he did.

I've pretty much run out of pictures. Sorry.