Sunday, September 10, 2006

I draw pictures sometimes

newspaper bird

I have been putting some thought into what I should be for Halloween. It's pretty hard not to, when Haloween decorations have been in stores for what feels like forever already.

I remember there was one year when everyone I knew went as something dead. Dead man. Dead prom date. Dead French maid. Dead cheerleader. Dead doctor. I was impressed by their overwhelming originality.

Me? I try to be a little creative. Doesn't always work out but I try. In the past I've been a Roman woman, the Madonna of the Rocks, a supreme court lawyer, and the kind of old lady that pinches your cheeks. Last year I got lazy and wore a hideous dress without any explanation whatsoever.

I figure this year I could go as a Greek statue. I'd paint my skin white and walk around naked. Wouldn't be that difficult to do, and I'd definitely get points for originality.

My other idea is that I could go as the spirit of Sir John A. MacDonald. I wouldn't have to look like him, really. I'd just have to down a mickey of whiskey and vomit on the floor of Parliament, declaring that Liberals make me sick. Then I'd found the country and build one big-assed railway. Then, to keep things accurate, I'd pass out.

What do you think?