Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Terje



My ta Rob looks a lot like Terje Vinterstø, and by that I mean the Skambankt Terje ^



and not the Kaizers Terje. ^

The hat, in all things, is essential. Tis just not the same without it.

I once had a 14 year old girl offer to package Terje up and send him to me expresspost from Norway. I told her that out of consideration for him he should be packed in bubble wrap so he wouldn't get hurt on the journey over, and also so that he would have something to do inside the box. However, he'd have to be under strict orders to finish popping all of the bubble wrap before he arrived because I fucking hate bubble wrap.

Though, in retrospect I probably should have asked her to send an ashtray too, because I don't have one and Mr. Vinterstø smokes far, far too much. Tsk tsk.

I don't think Rob smokes. He just writes theses about American intervention and interference with broadcast media in the Middle East and America's attempts to gain popular support through propaganda.

Me? I'm reading a book about postcolonialism right now. It's making me feel like a dirty sonofabitch because I'm white, but I think I can safely say that I've felt that way for most of my life. Good book. I'm enjoying it.