Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hello

istanbul, not constantinople


So....

Over the weekend sometime I got hit with all sorts of accusations of misconduct and such at my student union, which, for the most part were false. Doesn't bother me a bit. But I took a lot of offense at the way that they were worded.

Though they were apparently supposed to be "questions for clarification", phrases like "you're not following your constitution" and "it's hard to admit that you've done something wrong" make it hard for me to believe that.

I see it more as inflammatory remarks from people who were former members who don't agree with the way that we're now doing things. The old group, as far as I have seen, was a clique that used student union money to do stuff among themselves to the exclusion of others. I wish that they would just piss off.

On Saturday night I had a massive nosebleed and another one yesterday afternoon. I used to have them all the time up until the age of 14 or so, but since then I've only had one or two. It bothers me because there was absolutely no apparent reason for it, and no reason for them to last in excess of two hours each. Would be different if I had been picking my nose or snorting crack or something.

I thought of something last night, as I lay awake in bed. Since I don't wear one of those fancy bracelets, there's a very real possibility that I might get hit by a car tomorrow and they'd hit me with a heavy dose of penicillan, which would kill me within hours.

I have a bracelet that explains this, of course, but I never wear it. It's ugly and old people wear them and pretty much all they say is I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MEEEE!!!!!! on them. And I don't. Not really. I guess that means I'll die.

Oh well.

I got a postcard in the mail the other day.