Sunday, September 24, 2006

Computers aren't working for me these days

This morning, as I was gradually regaining my ability to keep down solid food, my sister called me because she was having problems with her site. Apparently her site, as well as others wasn't displaying properly for her. I checked in firefox and it looked fine, but in Explorer it looked wrong. I decided to check my own blog and all the pictures were so pixellated:

uuuuuugly screencapture from explorer


It made me feel kind of sick. We decided that we couldn't do anything about because Explorer is just stupid and I'm not sure why people still use it.

So then I went to update the student union website. Because of spam and such we had switched to a new forum and I had been given power to moderate it, but until today no one had bothered to post anything. I thought I'd be the first, so I wrote a little introduction for myself and then pressed post. It showed up in the forum just nicely.

But when I went to the front page, I realized that my forum post introduction had posted itself there as well, and it was making me feel really, really self-conscious. I told someone to look at it and he said that it looked really, really awful so I checked it in Explorer and somehow or other there was a screencapture of my blog on there and I didn't upload anything.

So I screamed and shut down my computer.

The end.