Saturday, December 02, 2006

Foreign film festival series, my place, time tbd

There are many things I don't like about the holidays, but gingerbread lattes are not on that list. I ask for them at Starbucks at other times of year but people just look at me funny.

Going home to visit my family has been one big love-in for the past two weeks and it's a welcome change. My dad suggested that we go see a movie but there's absolutely nothing on right now that all four of us find interesting. We decided to rent something instead.

There was a time earlier this year when my sister and I rented two or three movies every weekend until we had exhausted everything in the available selection that we felt like watching. But that was at least six months ago, and luckily they've changed their stock around and gotten a new shipment of foreign films. I saw at least five movies that I wanted to see, but out of consideration for the parental unit, we got Akeelah and the Bee. Haven't seen that one yet but I've heard it's good.

Next semester I have school one day a week. That means that every time my sister has a pro-d day I'm going to have a foreign film festival in my apartment. We can line up a whole bunch of them and then invite anyone who will show up, most likely my sister's friends because mine aren't into that stuff.

As per unusual I haven't been shirking my duties at MetVan this week. I even collaborated in a project to tell the world how indebted it is to Vancouverites for being such wonderful, beautiful, intelligent people: Vancouver's Seventh Gift to the World: "Living First"