Saturday, January 06, 2007

Breakfast

do not pull this alarmWhereas yesterday morning's breakfast conversation may possibly have run as follows:

D: "How is the new showerhead we got you, Erin?"

E: "It's alright. It's got a million different settings and I haven't quite found one I really like yet. I haven't tried them all yet though."

M: "Yeah, it's got some pretty super amazing massage you while you shower kind of settings on it."

E: "I noticed. Well I tried one and it was like a gentle mist pampering you with loving caresses. Yeah, totally ineffective for washing. And then there's this one that is like a hard pulsating stream, which is okay when it's on your scalp or your back or something but when it hits your nipple... Ouch. But I'm sure I'll find something I like."

A: "Speaking of nipples, your cat is really weird, Erin. You know how you kind of have to rearrange your bra a bit before you put it on, like make sure none of the straps are twisted? Well I was doing that and then she licked my nipple. It must have been because it was sticking out or something."

E: "Aww, you're lucky it was her tongue and not her claws."

A: "Yeah, and then she started licking my bed."

Breakfast conversation today was more about polychronic vs. monochronic time.

Then, when all is said and done, we get to sit and watch as my mother becomes quite absorbed into gently peeling the membrane out of the inside of her eggshells.

This is why I go home for the weekend.