Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Neon

Helen's

So, I cleaned out my fridge today and I was going to post some pictures of the things I found in there, but they were so hideously disturbing that I have decided not to. It's all in the past now.

I'm going to set a little personal challenge for myself now, a non-new year's resolution personal challenge, to go a month without letting anything in my fridge go rotten. Seeing as it's January and therefore the beginning of the semester, I think I might just be able to do it.

Instead I'll show you a picture I took of the rather iconic Helen's sign from the Burnaby Heights. I took the picture because sadly, neon is a dying breed and I happen to know that the owner of the sign is becoming kind of elderly, so who knows what the future holds for it.

I like it though. That little girl just keeps swinging back and forth, day and night.