Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sketching

I'd been feeling kind of intimidated by the nice heavy cardstock and hard cover of my sketchbook for a while, but it was only a couple of weeks ago that I came across a binder full of cheap looseleaf blank paper that I must have taken from the school lost and found in my dad's office one year, just before summer.

The nice thing about it is that not only was it free, it's also got crappy paper in it, so I don't have to worry about wasting perfectly good supplies. Lots of odd stuff seems to come out of my pencil on those sheets.

Whereas before I was doing stuff like this:

scan0007

Now I'm doing stuff like this:

scan0006

Is this a good thing? I don't know. I honestly don't know.

The History of Shopping Carts is something particularly interesting that I read today.