Monday, January 01, 2007

I'm too old for this shit.

IMG_4839_1The girl that may possibly be a Robyn sits down beside me with a half-filled bottle in her hand and tells me that she's drunk and she doesn't want to finish her drink but that she has to because it's open. "No, you don't have to finish it," I said, but she did anyways.

There comes a time when you have to step back and evaluate the situation and ask:

Are people enjoying themselves? Yes.
Am I enjoying myself? No.
Will the consumption of more alcohol and/or ilicit drugs improve the situation? No.

Too many nos and you should take yourself out. Say good bye to someone who cares, knock on the door of the bathroom until you get a response (someone's been in there for an hour) check for pulses on the people who are passed out and put their bodies into 3/4 prone so they won't aspirate on their vomit and make a quiet exit.

Gone.