Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I think I might have left it on the counter.

IMG_5396_1Ever go looking for the tape or a pair of scissors in the fridge or something? I just had a moment like that. Only, for me it was that I got up to go to the washroom and took a water glass with me. Why I did that is beyond me. It's not like that's where it was supposed to go, and it was empty, so it's not like I was going to take a drink on my way there.

I just took it there with me, and then decided that I would carry on as usual, only with a water glass on the counter.

It reminds me of the days when I used to sit for hours in the bathroom, reading. A lot of the time I'd just sit on the side of the bathtub or put the lid down on the toilet and then I'd be in there for two, three, maybe four hours, until someone told me to get out or my butt got sore from sitting in places that really aren't made for sitting on for that long.

It was nice though, because I always had to share a room with my sister so I never had any private time, and also because if my parents saw me sitting and reading for longer than an hour at a time I'd be put to work doing chores.

I figure they must have known what was going on though. Either that or they were just really negligent, because I'd like to think that if my child was having three-hour-long bowel movements regularly I'd want to take them to a doctor or something.

But I guess where this is going is that one day when I was sixish I smuggled an entire package of oreos into the bathroom and was having a great time sitting on the toilet, reading and licking all the centres out of the cookies.

Long story short, I got caught and it was explained to me that the bathroom is not a place where you eat things. You can eat in your bed or on the couch or you can eat grass, but you can't eat oreos in the bathroom.