Thursday, April 12, 2007

Nothing like girls beating each other up in the rain.

rugby

I took some pictures at my sister's rugby game today. She wasn't playing because she's injured. A broken scapula, to be exact. The second broken scapula that the doctor had ever seen. It's kind of a hard bone to break, unless someone hits you from behind with a hammer or something.

IMG_5319_1

The sad thing is that she didn't get it in a game. She got it in practice. She didn't even get it while tackling someone else. She smashed into a punching bag the wrong way. That doesn't sound nearly as cool as a heroic war story.

My sister's tough though. She'll get through it. But still, now when you poke her in just the right place, she shreiks and makes funny faces. I don't do that intentionally, but it's still funny in a really cruel way when I do.

IMG_5281_1

I missed the end of the game but I hope they won. If it had been a fashion contest, they certainly would have.