Monday, April 09, 2007

Just dead air.

IMG_5248_1My phone's been ringing off the hook all afternoon, which is to say that it's been vibrating and playing that unidentifiable dance beat/technoesque song ad nauseum.

It was the best ringtone of the six that came pre-loaded on my phone and I don't waste my time and money on frivolous stuff like that, especially when I only really receive at maximum five or six calls per month.

That being said, my phone has rang five or six times this afternoon, which is what I mean by off the hook. I answer, say hello three times and then hang up. I do enough talking aloud to no one whatsoever that I don't have to waste my minutes doing it on the phone.

Who is it? Damned if I know. I'm too cheap for call display too.

I am feeling regret and self-loathing at the sudden realization today that we've all forgotten my cousin's birthday. Say what you want about my aunt, she has never once forgotten my birthday, my sister's birthday or any major holidays. Even in the six years when she absolutely would not talk to us at all, we could always look forward to finding something on our doorstep, even if it was just a card stuffed with money.

Must rectify this stat.