Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This blog is open for business

IMG_5394_1I find it sad that a lot of my favourite blogs are dropping off/dying/becoming inactive for unspecified periods of time, but oh well, there's not a lot I can do about it. Maybe they'll come back. If not, I'll miss them.

But seriously. Are there any cool blogs out there that I don't currently read that someone could suggest to me? You're allowed to suggest your own blog if you want, as long as it's not in the form of a link request because that irritates me.

I've been looking, but I haven't really found anything exciting lately. I have, however, found a lot of stuff I don't find particularly interesting, namely:

People who use pretentious language. Don't use big words to make yourself sound smart. Use them because they're relevant to what you're trying to say or leave them out.

People who had a boring day and then try to convince you that it was boring by writing a boring post about it.

People who do nothing but copy and paste news from other sources into their blogs. That's nice, but where's the commentary? If I wanted just straight news, I'd read the BBC or something.

But here I'm just complaining. I shouldn't complain. It's easy to complain, but not as easy to do something constructive, I know. Arguably I shouldn't be the one dishing out criticism anyways because no one really reads my blog. Well, correction, five people read my blog. I love you five people.

And, unlike others, this blog isn't going away. You're stuck with me. So there!