Monday, April 02, 2007

The war is over

IMG_5128_1Ah the beauty of slow internet is that while I wait the requisite ten minutes I get to sit here, looking at this lovely blank untitled notepad document and do nothing.

Scrawled some illegible crap about haplotypes and databases and then fled like a fugitive from downtown today, on this, my last day of class. In such a short space of time one particular person has come to inspire the deepest revulsion I think I've ever felt. Unfair to him, I guess, but I really don't know.

Best to avoid it all. It makes me so angry that when in spite of feeling better and more confident than I have in months, this is still the only solution I ever seem to be able to implement. Anything more would involve a backbone, something that for some reason I'm reluctant to grow.

Sometimes best to not contemplate these things. Walked past my regular bus stop. Caught the skytrain westbound. I needed to go the opposite direction, but if you take the train west and ride it past the terminus, the train switches tracks and takes you east. That way you're almost guaranteed a seat.

Uneventful walk home. I probably should have worn more than a tshirt today but because it's after January 15th, I refuse to bundle up. The cold weather can kiss my ass.

Something about spring always makes me feel really confined and restless. I miss the time when I used to feel like a genuinely creative person. I feel like I'm just pretending.

Come on, world. Inspire me.