Thursday, April 05, 2007

Kings of Convenience

Digging through my old livejournal reminds me of how much I liked Kings of Convenience around grade 12ish. Their music kind of reminds me of elevator music sometimes, but it's the sort of elevator music that you would actually feel like listening to.



At least I would listen to. Not bad for studying.

They've also done some stuff with Feist, which means they're cool. But before you get worried, no, this music video is not nearly as bizarre as the last one I posted. It's actually quite springy, which is nice because I've been inside studying all day and the trees outside have been in bloom for over a week now, so instead of actually going outside and having a look, I can watch flowering trees on youtube. Technology really is grand.

Except I'm quite willing to bet that we have far more flowering cherry and plum trees here than they have in Norway. I'm not entirely sure if that is where that was filmed but that's where the band is from. Bergen, to be specific.

I don't know much about Bergen except that the men there have to wear hats when they cross the street. Oh, and it's in Western Norway, on the coast, which makes it a very Norwegian place, and it's the sister city to Seattle, or at least it was, so it has a huge totem pole that is very not-Norwegian.

That's about it.

Alright, Erin. Shut up about the Norwegians already. That's what they say. It's like they think I'm obsessed or something.

But while you're at it, go here, download The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side and the songs featuring Feist and enjoy.