Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday night's alright for knitting

IMG_6407_1The best way I can describe my mood today is anaestheticized. Someone's gone in and inflated my brain. It's voluminous and filled with nothing. I'm reminded of the time when dad used that silicone spray insulation on a draught near the back basement door of the parkhouse. He let me finish but I pressed the button too hard and the whole can exhaled a beehive of foam that stayed stuck to the doorframe until the house was torn down.

Lately I haven't been able to get The Rat Who Would be King out of my brain, especially the part that goes:

And I've waited on the sidelines all this time
And I've a grenade
With our names scratched on the side
But that's love
And you know that love's not enough

But melancholy is boring. We were going to have a bonfire tonight. I got several messages on my phone and facebook about it today and each time I said I'd come, with one eye on the weather, which was bad. And while the weather looked like it was improving sometime around threeish today, it went back to being bad. Thunder and hail and the lawn outside is a river. Maybe next weekend.

I'm in the middle of knitting a shedir for myself from Knitty's Breast Cancer Awareness Issue because I've wanted one since the moment I saw the pattern.

I'm also drinking tea and naming my houseplants. Don't tell my friends.