Friday, October 05, 2007

The internet is making me knit

IMG_6338_1Some days I just don't know what to write. I've devoted the past couple of days to destressing, which may be one of the reasons why my posts have been crappy and angsty of late.

School's good. In spite of starting out two weeks behind because of some other commitments, I'm caught up now, for the most part. I added a fifth course to keep me on my toes. The sixteen credits I did via correspondence in spring semester did wonders for my discipline.

Now that I've managed to shed a lot of my other commitments, I think finally I'll have the time to do some stuff that has never been at the top of my list of essential things, like scrubbing out the toilet, which I'm sure hasn't been done for at least a mon- six weeks. Two months?

Well, it's looked visibly gross for some time now so I finally managed to scrub it out. The past few weeks I've come home feeling tired and stressed and crappy and it just wasn't something I was prepared to deal with.

I need to do something about my eye though. It's been bothering me for a while. It gets bloodshot and itchy from time to time, but it's been happening far more frequently than usual. I'm hoping that it's just stress and that getting a little more sleep and eating some good food will make it go away. I don't particularly feel like going to see a doctor about it.

Anyways, I've been knitting lately, and I blame the internet. I used to knit when I was really little and you'd see me out on the playground at lunch at school, playing tag with the boys with a ball of yarn squished into my armpit and a pair of sticks in my hands. It's a wonder I still have two eyes. It's something I've done on and off for a long time, but more off than on, but thanks to the internet I've become a little more in touch with all things knitterly these days.

I've been working on this:

IMG_6360_1

and I can't quite tell you what it is just yet because it's a surprise. I guess right now it technically looks like a mess. Hopefully that will change.

I figured that I should teach myself how to knit lace so I've been working on this scarf in faggot lace, though if anyone knows a more politically correct name for that particular stitch I'd love to hear it.

IMG_6361_1

Holy sheisse, I'm becoming a knitblogger.