Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Streets are filled with people

IMG_6427_1I don't know if I'm completely sold on this blogger beta stuff just yet, but I can always change it back, right? I just needed a bit of a change today. I know some of my longtime readers have a hate hate relationship with the black and white alligator above. Sorry. It just fit better than my green one, and at least it's not obscuring any text this time.

I have a recurring dream in which the big earthquake we're overdue for happens and I'm stranded alone in Surrey.

I pull a small boy out from under some rubble and from then on he follows me around. He tells me that he wants to see his parents and I tell him that maybe we'll find them even though somehow I know that they're both dead. I always tell him that we're going to my house first, but it's on the other side of the river and the bridges are out.

We're walking and trying to find a way across the Fraser River and the streets are filled with people and we're all silent.

I dressed up like a lawyer at school today. I really, really like wearing those convocation gowns. They're comfy and I think they look really good. All the more reason to get a PhD.