Thursday, April 17, 2008

54/365: Kelly

Kelly and I went to high school together. I will always remember her as a very average, pleasant, friendly person. What she doesn't know is that we've known each other for a very long time.

She and I were born 14 hours apart at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC. Her mother and my mom shared a room for a couple loooong days. Her mother whined and complained about how much pain she was in from her cesarean, and how long she was in labour with all the noisy melodrama she could muster.

The telling of the tale took a painfully long amount of time, and was repeated every time a new relative entered the door. Kelly has a very, very large extended family.

This woman had a weird relationship with her mother that involved far more baby talk than is normal between two adults.

She was so noisy and inconsiderate that my mom didn't get any sleep while she was there, and was very glad when she finally went home. She was replaced by a mostly quiet woman who had just given birth to the ugliest baby on earth (her words, not anyone else's). The two hit it off immediately.

I have resolved to never tell Kelly any of this.