Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dust

They say that the majority of household dust is shedded skin, and that you shed it all every 27 days or so. Given the amount I vacuum, that means that quite a bit of me is lying around here.

I'm moving at the end of May. I'll vacuum and dust before then, but no doubt I'll miss spots. I imagine that I'll end up leaving a hand's worth underneath the fridge that I won't bother to clean.

The thought of a severed hand made of my reconstituted dead skin crawling out from underneath the fridge and tapping the new tenants on the noses in the middle of the night amuses me to no end.

My friends ask me who they will find to live here and put up with all this crap but that's not my problem and I don't care.

I just think it would be cool if all the dead skin lying around here could reconstitute itself into sentient, animated body parts, that's all.

I need to go to bed. I have a takehome exam to finish in the morning.