Monday, August 15, 2005

Capsized



The object of the game today was to see how many people we could fit on one kayak. We managed five, but soon found that that didn't last long. We all ended up in the water and that was extremely gross.

I had a thick layer of pond slime coating my body when I finally got out, which started to dry into a lovely layer of caked dirt. It wasn't so much the dirt that bothered me, but the smell. There's something about that lake water that smells really disgusting while it is slowly drying on your skin. Thankfully I had brought a change of clothes, and ran to take a shower.

It was then that I realized that I had forgotten to bring a towel. And soap. And shampoo. And a hairbrush as well. Whatever. There was a bar of soap near the locker room sink, so I used that. I borrowed a towel that was hanging up there (I don't know who exactly it belongs to, and where exactly it has been.) Not having any shampoo, I rubbed some soap all over my head to try and get rid of the stagnant water smell.

Those hurdles avoided, I brushed my hair with a fork. Not as good as a comb, but it works, and there was noone around to stare.

Now I am somewhat clean, but I think I'll have another shower when I get home, just to be safe.