Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Summer reading



"I just want to remind you that custom courseware is non-refundable," she said, scanning the bar codes.

"Yeah, I know," I said glumly, handing her my card and hoping that she wouldn't say the amount. I didn't want to know. I walked out with the books I need for one class then surveyed the damage: $103.

And what, you ask, do you get for $103?

David Lodge - Nice Work
Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting
Elizabeth Gaskell - North and South
Zoe Druick - CMNS-223 Custom Courseware: Advertising as Social Communication

Not much at all. Not much considering the fact that I still have to buy books for four more courses. Once again, I feel abused. I have a feeling that it's not going to get any better. On a positive note, I have some new things to read for the rest of the summer.

John arrived at work when I wasn't there to say hi. He probably heard that I was working there from Mimi. For some reason or other, I had thought that he had moved far away. At first I thought he was an idiot for not calling, but then I realized that because I moved, he probably doesn't have my phone number or email anymore. I should call him.

Apparently there is going to be a zombie walk downtown on August 27.

Sweet!