Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm not sure how to title this...



I had a good day at work today. The sun was shining, kids were swimming and everyone else down on the dock took it upon themselves to police the swimmers' behaviour. All I had to do was sit and watch. I love my job. It's boring, but that's a good thing.

I came home today to an unexpected surprise. After seven months of painfully slow renovations, I finally have a kitchen counter and sink. I still lack dishwasher, stove and bedroom walls, but any progress is good progress. It reminds me of the fact that I might possibly be able to stop sleeping on the livingroom floor before the time I move out.

My sister made me a pie thing out of blackberries and stracciatella gelato for my birthday and I finished eating it today. It didn't exactly look pretty, but it was delicious and made with lots of love, and that is really all that counts.

Tomorow I will take some time to look for my camera tripod. I haven't seen it since I moved in December, but I need it now that my parents bought me a new lens for my birthday. Apparently I don't need a tripod with that particular lens, but it's a little heavy for me to be holding. More toys to play with. Should be fun.

I have three more weeks until summer ends. I can't wait for more mental and financial abuse at the hands of my school, as strange as that sounds. Three months off is too much.