Friday, August 19, 2005

Two more weeks...



There is a quote that I remember coming across several times:

"Great people speak of ideas.
Average people speak of things.
Small people speak of other people."

It comes to mind whenever I have the occasion to spend a lot of time with Jenn, as I have for the past several days. After both being stranded because Ellen no longer drives us in, she has taken up driving me to work so we can use the carpool lane.

Sometimes she reminds me of my sister in the way that she is able to talk nonstop about people that I don't know and really couldn't care less about. Perhaps this is my mother speaking, but I really don't have much patience for idle gossip, especially when I don't know who it is about.

Luckily she didn't just have gossip today. I also got to hear all about her trials and tribulations as an entrepeneur and small business owner. That interests me greatly. Sometimes I think that I should have gone into business and economics like my mom instead of communications. In spite of everything else that I may think about Jenn, she is a very shrewd businessperson and that is something that I can respect.

She also drives me the 55 km to work, which sure as hell beats waking up at 5:30 to catch the bus.

In spite of that though, I can't wait for school. There is something about the inhumane treatment, financial fucking and my projected course overload next semester that I find oddly appealing. Am I a massochist or am I just tired of working 7 days a week?