Thursday, August 04, 2005

Split shift



Thursdays I work a really strange split shift and today I am at school, because I work too far away from home and I have nowhere better to go.

Usually I don't like sitting for hours, doing nothing, but today for once I just needed some time to vegetate. The day soon found me sprawled unconscious on the floor in an obscure corner of an almost forgotten hall of the university, with my arms tenderly around my laptop. If the people on the seventh floor of the library can do it, then why can't I?

A few hours later, I was rudely awakened by the alarm clock on my cell phone, which I must have set earlier, knowing exactly how tired I was. My neck was stiff and my back was sore. There really aren't any good places to sleep around here, and everyone is too concerned about paying for tuition to protest the lack of couches on campus. One day we will...

After that, I decided to check out the new sushi place on campus, where the spicy tuna roll was good enough to make me cry. It was fairly cheap too, though because it was cheap, I ate a little too much and now I feel kind of sick.

At the moment, I am sitting here in the courtyard in the AQ, watching the stupid yet amusing antics of some boys in the Science Al!ve summer camp who are throwing waterbottles from heights and betting on which one will hit the ground first. They both land at the same time, and then the boys fight over who won the bet (neither did). Then they get really animated while they argue and then engage in repeated rematches. It's a pity that I am sans camera right now. They would be worth a picture.

It isn't weight but surface area of an object that determines how fast it falls. I'm a communication major and even I knew that. I guess they'll learn eventually, but maybe not today. They fight too much and already their instructors have shut them down.

And now I'm off to work again. Lucky me.