Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Spreading the love



Mornings are back to normal. Jen cranes her neck to see into the rear view mirror, trying hard to keep still enough through the traffic to put on her mascara. “He’s such a bastard,” she says, referring to her fiancée, “I gave up going to the bar with the other girls in the cul-de-sac to clean the house and then he comes home and says that the house is a mess.

“I should tell him that the garden looks like shit. That’s what I’ll do.”

I think it would be easier for them to break up now before they kill each other, but of course, I can’t say that. I just don’t see the point in marrying someone who you yell at constantly. They aren’t going to change after you marry them, so why bother if you hate them already? The world needs less fighting, not more.

I stumbled across the Complimenting Commenter’s blog quite by accident today. CC is well on the way to completing his/her goal of complimenting 3000 people through their blogs by the end of August. Yay for spreading blogosphere love.

More non fireworks related pictures soon. I promise.