Saturday, November 17, 2007

Commercials

waste-audit-2

PBS was advertising a night's worth of shows, but somehow all of them got mixed together for me. What I heard was about a dark drama, full of sex, murder and bizarre, grotesque animals. I was mildly interested until I realized that they were two separate shows.

Then later, on another channel they were advertising for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with Ty Pennington, and then immediately afterward, a commercial for White Spot's 'Taste of Thai.' Thai food, at least at White Spot, is ruined for me, at least temporarily.

All reasons why I really shouldn't watch tv.

There's also a commercial for Campbell's Soup on right now where they take you out to a carrot farm, you meet the farmers and they talk about how wonderful their carrots are or something. There's a guy in there with a name that sounds kind of like Jackson Pollock, and my sister wants to know if Jackson Pollock the farmer makes Campbell's soup by flicking it all over the place.