Monday, November 12, 2007

I have a mystery to solve.

IMG_6452_1

Collapsing a kleenex box for recycling at my parents' house, I found a key rattling inside the bottom. It's small, silver and looks like it's either from a cashbox or a cabinet and it has a smiley face sticker stuck to one side. Figures I forgot to take my camera out with me so you're just going to have to imagine it.

I am wondering why a key would be hiding in the bottom of a kleenex box, and who would have put it there in the first place. My parents seem to think it has nothing to do with them.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some investigative work like Oskar Schell from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I can visit people I looked up in the phone book and hear what they have to say and maybe I'll find the answer. It's hard to say. Not everyone's in the phone book anymore.

I'll think up some likely scenarios and let you know what I come up with later.