Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm in a bit of a funk

IMG_5735_1It's getting close to bedtime and I'm starting to feel really tired, which is a good omen, considering how hard it's been to get to sleep lately. I have this stabbing pain kind of deepish in my left ear which has been bothering me on and off for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea what it is, except that it doesn't feel like a sinus thing. Whatever it is, I hope it's not permanent.

I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a funk at the moment. I sit down with the intention of writing something interesting and then nothing comes out.

I'm currently reading Susan Sontag's On Photography and liking it. It's a collection of essays on the ethics and philosophy around capturing images on film. I want to say more about it and I'm not finding the words, except that she uses good words in her essays. I'm a sucker for good words. I will elaborate at a later date.

It can't be good that the pain started deep in my ear, began to radiate down my neck and now I have a headache suddenly, can it?

Seriously, what am I supposed to write about these days anyways? Life is so boring, but in a good way. In a way that says that I'm working, I get along with my coworkers, I have a short commute, I go for a run every day, have done a lot of core strengthening exercises that have reduced significantly the chronic back pain from the injury I had in 2003, I'm out of groceries except for milk, eggs and dried apricots.

That's it.