Sunday, July 15, 2007

My caboose is totally loose

the haircut - before

the haircut - after

Today my sister got a haircut so she could look like Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors. One of the Gwyneth Paltrows in Sliding Doors. Not the other one. It didn't really end up being the same haircut, really, but she likes it.

IMG_5509_1

My dad and I made this birdhouse when I was 8ish and it sat at the top of the pole that held up our clothesline at the parkhouse. People used to walk by and take pictures of it because it was totally cool and no one else has a birdhouse that looks like a caboose.

IMG_5510_1

It was home to a pair of finches for a while, and then later a nest of wasps, but it's seen better days. I spent a good portion of today scraping the loose paint and lichens off so that I can repaint it. Then once again, people can stop and take pictures and ask me where I bought it, and I can just laugh. Me? Buy things? I think not

IMG_5512_1