Tuesday, July 31, 2007

8 more things

IMG_5815_1I've been bitten with the 8 things meme again, this time by Schmutzie.

Here be the rules:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
At the end of the post, the player tags 8 people, posts their names, and leaves a comment on their websites to let them know that they have been tagged.

What on earth can I say?

1) I knew all the words to Matthew Good's Hospital Music by heart at least a week before I bought the album today. I'm listening to it right now and it's excellent. It is one of the best albums I have ever heard. I'm happy and sad and I want to cry.

2) I once wrote a post for this blog that consisted of short summaries of the five most important posts written but never posted to my blog. Among them was a gushy post about this guy and the tale of my most memorable bowel movement. It's probably better that I didn't even post the summaries.

3) I decided about a year ago that sometime before I die I really want to go and see a Grey Cup game. Vancouver, Edmonton, wherever, and I couldn't care less if the Lions would be playing or not. I want to paint my face wave around a sign and wear a football jersey, drink copious amounts of beer at a tailgate party and run drunk through the streets at night. I'm not really a football person or interested in sports or anything. I just want to go do it once.

4) I get asked a lot about my accent. Some people out there think I talk funny and that perhaps I came from somewhere else, like New Zealand. Nope, I've lived here all my life. My funny way of talking? Maybe Arlo Guthrie or Charles Dickens or my dad or something.

5) I have the world's smallest bladder.

6) I haven't cut my hair since September 2005. I figure I have to do something with it soon because I'm starting to get split ends and if it gets any longer, I'm going to be faced with the uncomfortable feeling of having my wet hair squeeze itself between my buttcheeks every time I shower.

7) My favourite kind of tree is the arbutus. I've always loved their shape and silouette, the way their bark peels off in paper ribbons to expose red underneath. I love the places where they grow, rugged, rocky and exposed to the ocean's calm and fury.

8) I was classified as "gifted" when I was in elementary school. I'm guessing from the number of IQ tests I had to take between grades 2 and 8 that means that I score higher than average and that made me special needs. All that ever meant for the school was that they got extra funding of some sort and I got to go to special classes every day. Really though, I'd say that all "gifted" means is overly existentialist and socialy inept.