Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I learned today

There are still Asian restaurants out there that make me feel very self-consciously white. Chinese: no problem, eat it all the time. Sushi: I eat it at least once a week. Thai: awesome and delicious. Vietnamese: when in doubt, order pho. Korean: holy shit! How do I eat this stuff?

My cat really really likes drinking coffee flavoured liqueurs. She and I were having a piece of cheesecake together, but because the cheesecake has been in the fridge for two weeks, it's a little dry. I poured some capuccino liqueur on it to soften it up. Sal sniffed it and got very interested so I let her have some too and she inhaled it.

A guy named Mark tried to pick my mom up at the Rockhound Rendezvous. The women at these events tend to be a bit on the over-60 side and a bit on the overweight side as well, so what kind of men pick up women there? Men that try to pick up my mother, that's what. My dad's the sort of person who makes himself scarce when this is happening, so he can watch and laugh from a distance.